"I’m not here to be average": Hodgkinson officially takes control of Huddersfield

4 July 2019

Hodgkinson
Photo: Getty Images In an interview, Huddersfield's new owner Phil Hodgkinson says: "Nothing in my life that I’ve done stands out to be average…"

Huddersfield Town have now officially got a new owner: Phil Hodgkinson.

Besides taking control of the club, Hodgkinson also becomes the club’s new chairman, replacing Dean Hoyle.

In an interview Hodgkinson says: "Nothing in my life that I’ve done stands out to be average…"

Peter Høyer ph@offthepitch.com

Huddersfield Town’s new chairman, Phil Hodgkinson, has passed the EFL’s "Owner’s & Director’s Test" and now takes a 75 per cent controlling stake in the club, with the former owner and chairman, Dean Hoyle, retaining the remaining 25 per cent as a member of the board.

I’m doing this because I believe I can take it to the next level and take it forward from what Dean has done. I’m not here to be average.

Do you want to read this article?

Get instant access by subscribing to our free weekly newsletter.

You will receive a link that unlocks the article in an email.

Passionate about football and the business behind the beautiful game?

Subscribe now to access all the latest news and exclusive industry insights from leading football finance experts.

30-day free trial

Start trial

Already a member? Login