23 September 2021 - 11:30 AM
Financial head-to-head Chelsea v Manchester City
- The domestic battle of the European Champions v the Premier League Champions.
- Chelsea had a five year head start on City in terms of mega-rich owners investing in the club, but despite winning as many titles as City plus two Champions Leagues, Chelsea’s revenues remain an improbable €80 million behind City.
- After 17,000 seats were left vacant at last week’s Champions League tie with Leipzig, City boss Pep Guardiola commented on the lack of support – opening up jibes about the “Emptihad” and attracting criticism from his own fans.
- Yet City’s matchday experience remains relatively cheap, with matchday revenues of €47 per fan – a tenner less than Chelsea.
- Both clubs remain heavy spenders, with each spending nine figure sums in the transfer market this summer.
No credit card, no commitments, and it will expire automatically.
You will receive a link that activates your trial in an email.