8 October 2021 - 12:30 PM
Which leagues have the largest income inequality?
- A widening gap between rich and poor has become a characteristic of many areas of the world, and the world of football is no different.
- The clubs in the top tiers in Europe generate billions of Euros in turnover each year. However, not all clubs get an equal slice of the cake.
- Off The Pitch has analysed the big five leagues to see which has the biggest income inequality.
- We used typical economic tools, namely the Lorenz curve and the Gini coefficient, to see how turnover is distributed among the clubs.
- The results show that the distribution of income is heavily skewed in several leagues, where a few top clubs should almost be considered to be in a league of their own.
No credit card, no commitments, and it will expire automatically.
You will receive a link that activates your trial in an email.