Tuesday's Most Important Stories From The Business Of Football: US firm completes takeover of AS Roma; Valencia unable to pay their players

18 August 2020

AS Roma
Photo: PA Images US based The Friedkin Group has completed its takeover of AS Roma and acquired 86.6 per cent of the club's shares from the now former owner James Pallotta. The firm will launch a mandatory bid on the remaining 13.4 per cent of shares.
Emil Gjerding Nielson nielson@offthepitch.com

1. US firm completes takeover of AS Roma

US based The Friedkin Group has completed its takeover of AS Roma and acquired 86.6 per cent of the club's shares from the now former owner James Pallotta for a total price of €591 million. The firm will launch a mandatory bid on the remaining 13.4 per cent of shares.

Do you want to read this article?

Get instant access by signing up for a 7-day free trial

No credit card, no commitments and it will expire automatically.

You will receive a link that activates your trial in an email.