17 September 2020 - 1:22 PM
PA Images | “We are not saying that our tool can replace everything clubs are doing today. Not at all. This tool cannot stand alone. But we utterly believe that clubs need to dig much deeper into this area and understand that the mental performance of players can be improved vastly. And that the psychological profile shown in tests when players are young tends to tell a future story about these talents," says Dr. David Morgan.
Scientist wants clubs to adopt crucial new studies: "The psychological dimensions of talents are much more reliable than physical and technical abilities"
- Dr. Morgan David has founded Predicta Football, because he wants clubs to understand how much money they can save or win in their academies if they use academic studies about behavioural science.
- He claims the psychological and cognitive dimension is the most important factor when trying to spot the next top-player - and says studies from all over the world support this thesis.
- The former scientist has developed a tool he believes is well suited for clubs trying to find the next top-players for their academies.
- But clubs would have to look critically at their current “bias-driven” methodology.
- Obviously physical and technical abilities are important – but science proves that you should not focus too much on that when dealing with teenagers.
You will receive a link that activates your trial in an email.